Welcome
Login  Sign up

jaksta not working properly

hi Jaksta

My jaksta does not work well anymore and I don't know why.

My Jaksta version is 2.2.5 (287).

Either it's giving me a .m2ts file format video with no sound or either I have a mp4 file but again with no sound, which is very annoying.

I've tried all the modes (convert, do not convert, and every file format ) but non are working.

Here are some screenshots:

https://d.pr/i/146Nbm

https://d.pr/i/nQCVfB

https://d.pr/i/nQCVfB

I need a help please. 

Best regards

Ps: I've joined the log file

thank you in advance for your precious help

--- Import ---
Author: Skott
Created At: 2020-10-16T22:07:09+08:00
Updated At: 2020-10-16T22:07:09+08:00
Views: 37
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Hi Mo,

There is an error in the log file saying that it cannot find the folder location you have set for downloads. This is strange as it looks to just be your Downloads folder.

Try setting the downloads location somewhere else, and also set the conversions location to a different folder. Make they each have their own folder and are not using the same one. This can be done in Jaksta by going to: 

• Preferences > Downloads
  • Preferences > Conversions

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---

I just purchased Jaksta version 2.25 and I can't download anything.  Every video I try to download I get an error.  I have attached a log file for you.  Please help, I can't use Jaksta at all.

Thank you

I just purchased Jaksta version 2.25 and I can't download anything.  Every video I try to download I get an error.  I have attached a log file for you.  Please help, I can't use Jaksta at all.

Thank you

Thank you

--- Import ---
Author: DAN A HART
--- Import ---

Hi Skott,

It is likely some form of download failure, probably caused by the site making a change to their streaming protocols that Jaksta is not compatible with.

My first suggestion would be to update to our latest beta and see if it helps. You can get the installer here - https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.6_293/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg

When you first attempt to run the installer you will receive a Mac OS notification saying that it can't be opened because it cannot be checked for malicious software. Click 'OK' and then go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click on 'Open Anyway' down the bottom. It will either run the installer or another similar notification as the first will appear and you just need to click 'Open' and then the installer will run.

Also try using different browsers to capture the problem streams as the results can vary between browsers sometimes.

If the problem continues then can you please send us another log file, but this time a clean log file.

To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:

• Open Jaksta Media Recorder (JMR)
  • Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
    • This will open a Finder window that needs to remain open for the remainder of the process
  • Quit JMR
  • Delete the log file in the Finder window
  • Reopen JMR 
    • This will automatically generate a new log file in the Finder window
  • Run one test capture on the problem site/stream
  • Quit JMR once it fails and/or the error is reproduced
  • Source the new log file in the Finder window and then attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment