Welcome
Login  Sign up

Not working on New MacBook Air with M1Chip (Big Sur)

Not working on New MacBook Air with M1Chip (Big Sur) 

When Start all of the VDO content in browser cannot run as well.

--- Import ---
Author: Thana Chueabundit
Created At: 2020-12-01T17:24:27+08:00
Updated At: 2021-10-11T04:37:59+08:00
Views: 36
Votes: 2
--- Import ---

Hi Thana,

Can you please provide screenshots of any errors or anything noteworthy that helps to outline the problem?

A clean log file would be helpful. To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:

• Open Jaksta Media Recorder (JMR)
  • Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
    • This will open a Finder window that needs to remain open for the remainder of the process
  • Quit JMR
  • Delete the log file in the Finder window
  • Reopen JMR
    • This will automatically generate a new log file in the Finder window
  • Run one test capture on the problem site/stream
  • Quit JMR once it fails and/or the error is reproduced
  • Source the new log file in the Finder window and then attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)

Also, I don't understand what you mean by VDO content in the browser. Can you please elaborate?

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---

Here you are.

It looks like security protection prevent your App download VDO.

Because when I turn JMR monitoring off, web page can run normally.

--- Import ---
Author: Thana Chueabundit
--- Import ---

The same here! I confirm that when Jaksta is enabled that in the browser suddenly says "connection is not private".

I have a new Mac mini with M1 processor.

First the internet works normally in Safari and when I open Jaksta it says: connection is not private.

If you turn off monitoring, then the internet works again.

If monitoring is on, then it affects any website.

Here is the log file.

--- Import ---
Author: Christian Zuano
--- Import ---

Hi Christian,

Can you please try the following:
  1. Run Jaksta Media Recorder and make sure the monitoring is ON
    • Firefox is recommended
  2. An option should appear to save the certificate (see image below)
  3. Click OK and the certificate should appear in Keychain Access

Hopefully at that point it will start working normally again. Please let me know if that is not the case.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Hi Liam, thanks for your reply.

Hi Liam,

I have added it to System and to Login keychain

Unfortunately it still does not work. 

Firefox is outputting this:

if I click accept risk, then the website is rendered impossibly bad and unusable respectively with other websites like google no option to display at all.

Safari again shows "connection is not private".

But what I just noticed is that other programs also have no internet connection when monitoring is enabled.

For example my translation tool 

and the AppStore have no internet connection.

By the way: Directly after installing Jaksta Media Recorder I had to create a new network environment in the network settings to get the internet working on the computer again. The automatic environment did not work anymore. 

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Hi Christian,

Having all your apps and services that use the internet get knocked out is expected when there is an issue with Jaksta's monitoring. Turning the monitoring back off again should allow the connections to resolve, so what you are experiencing lines up with what we would expect when there is a problem. Now we just need to determine what the cause is.

In Keychain Access can you find the applian.com the certificate by going to System Keychains (left menu heading) > System (left menu item) > Certificates (top menu item) and open the details (double-click). Then expand the 'Trust'  section and there should be a selector up the top. Manually change the 'When using this certificate' property selector to "Always Trust". Then try using Jaksta. If it is already set to "Always Trust" then can you also check the 'Not Valid Before' and 'Not Valid After' dates about 20 lines down the details list, and make sure both dates listed are valid. If the dates look invalid take a screenshot and upload it here.

If that all looks good then can you check the proxy settings by going into System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and viewing the Web Proxy (HTTP) and Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS) protocols. Both proxies should be configured with the same settings as seen in the below image. Manually adjust them if they are not correct.

NOTE: If the Web Proxy and Secure Web Proxy proxies are ticked ON when you go to look at them, and Jaksta is also not running, then that will likely be the cause of your internet remaining disconnected after using Jaksta. Normally these proxies should be ticked ON automatically when the monitoring in Jaksta is activated, and then turned OFF when the monitoring is switched off or the app is closed. If they remain ticked on then the internet connection will be broken. Manually unticking them usually resolves that particular issue.

Let me know how you go.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Thank you, Liam, for the detailed instructions.

It works now. I downloaded the first videos.

At first it did not work and I wrote down the following:

I set the applian.com certificate to "Always trust" in the keychain management as you described. Unfortunately without success. I pressed Refresh site and it showed "Connection is not private" again.

By the way, it shows me that this root certificate is not trusted.

The date seems to be valid.

I left the certificate on Always trust and continued:

I have now set the two proxies Web Proxy and Secure Web Proxy on WLAN and LAN to localhost : 3129.

After that I refreshed the site and it still shows "connection is not private" in Safari.

If I leave Jaksta open and only turn off "Monitoring" (so the blue check mark), then the internet connection works again.

Now I wanted to take another screenshot, but suddenly it worked. I just pressed refresh site and despite monitoring turned on, Safari worked.

I wanted to take out the proxy again as a test, but that can no longer be deleted.

I don't know for sure now if it was just the certificate or if the proxy settings are also involved.

The AppStore only works when monitoring is turned off. 

By the way, if you turn off monitoring, the proxy settings are automatically disabled.

Conclusion:

Set the certificate to Always trust. 

Set proxy settings.

Then it works.

Thank you very much!

If you want me to do any more beta testing get back to me Liam

Kind regards,

Christian 

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Hi Christian,

Glad to hear it's come good for you. All of what you wrote looks correct and reflects normal operations.

Will let you know if any beta testing comes up.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment