Welcome
Login  Sign up

Jaksta Media Recorder stops recording after leaving webpage.

HI, I've tried to record a live stream from chaturbate recently and once the stream records, I leave the webpage and do other activities online all while the stream continuously still records. But now, every time I close the window tab or leave the webpage, it automatically stops the recording and begins converting it. This has never been an issue and still isn't an issue with my other devices. It's just one computer that has started having this issue. I attached the log file as well hoping it will help. 

Cheers!

--- Import ---
Author: Matthew Britton
Created At: 2020-05-11T08:41:08+08:00
Updated At: 2020-05-11T08:41:08+08:00
Views: 16
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Hi Matthew,

Generally speaking Chaturbate tends to have issues on an ongoing basis, and has always been one of the more difficult sites.

It would be good if you could generate and send us a clean log file, which will help give us a better snapshot of what's going on.

To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:

• Open Jaksta Media Recorder (JMR)
  • Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
    • This will open a Finder window that needs to remain open for the remainder of the process
  • Quit JMR
  • Delete the log file in the Finder window
  • Reopen JMR 
    • This will automatically generate a new log file in the Finder window
  • Run one test capture on the problem site/stream
  • Quit JMR once it fails and/or the error is reproduced
  • Source the new log file in the Finder window and then attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---

Hi Matt,

Sorry for my delayed response. Thanks for the log file. I've had a look but nothing jumps out at this point.

In any case, we have a new beta that I would like you to try. Hopefully it will resolve the problem you've been having with the live streams.

You can get the installer here - https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.6_291/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg

When you first attempt to run the installer you will receive a Mac OS notification saying that it can't be opened because it cannot be checked for malicious software. Click 'OK' and then go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click on 'Open Anyway' down the bottom. It will either run the installer or another similar notification as the first will appear and you just need to click 'Open' and then the installer will run.

If the problem continues, can you please do the following for me:

• Install the beta on the other Mac devices running Jaksta that you mentioned previously (I'm assuming they were Mac devices)
    • Test the same problematic Chaturbate live streams under the same circumstances and compare the results
  • Similarly test other live streams from a different site (eg. YouTube Live) and compare the results

Report back with your findings and provide a new clean log from any one device that produces the problem. Provide a separate clean log for any sites that exhibit the unwanted behavior,

Regards

Liam

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment