Welcome
Login  Sign up

Media Recorder triggers secutiry blocks

I'm running Media Recorder version 2.2.5 (272) on MacOS Big Sur 11.6.7.  Within the last few days, when I try to access some websites with the Media Recorder "on", or when I try to run video content (live or recorded) I will get a security block that will not let me proceed any further.  Example, " THIS CONNECTION IS NOT PRIVATE.  This website may be impersonating "xxxxx.com to steal your personal or financial information. You should go back to the previous page" It presents options to "show details" or to "go back", but never lets me just proceed.  This happens using Safari 15.5, and with some variations using Firefox 102.0.1, or Chrome 103.0.5060.114. As soon as I turn the Media Recorder to "off" the problem goes away.   I am running Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, but that doesn't seem to be involved.  Log attached. Any ideas?  

--- Import ---
Author: T Buddha
Created At: 2022-07-19T15:16:45+08:00
Updated At: 2022-07-19T15:16:45+08:00
Views: 7
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

1 Comment

Hi there,

Apologies for the very delayed response.

If there are any connection problem in browsers then the next thing to do is check the certificate. You can check and amend the trust properties on the certificate by doing the following:
  1. Open Keychain Access and go to: System Keychains (left menu heading) > System (left menu item) > Certificates (top menu item)
  2. Double click the applian.com certificate to open the information
  3. Expand the 'Trust' section and set the "When using this certificate:" value to 'Always Trust'
If the certificate looks alright and/or the connection is still broken in your browser(s) then see the instructions on how to check your proxy settings here: https://support.jaksta.com/discussions/topics/6000063391

Please let me know if there are any issues at the end of all this.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
Created At: 2022-07-19T15:16:45+08:00
Updated At: 2022-07-19T15:16:45+08:00
Views: 7
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment