Welcome
Login  Sign up

Jaksta Media Recorder for Mac downloading loads of tiny files

JMR recognizes the stream starting and begins downloading. But it downloads multiple files that are only like 2MB. 

I am just using the trial right now. I wanted to make sure it actually worked before I shelled out $50 for a license.

Currently, I'm not satisfied enough. Is this a bug? Or is this expected behavior? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, It's all getting saved as a .m2ts file. Is there any way to have it save in a different file format?

--- Import ---
Author: Trevor Rydalch
Created At: 2019-01-04T07:55:53+08:00
Updated At: 2019-01-04T07:55:53+08:00
Views: 45
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

1 Comment

Hi trevor,

Apologies for the delayed response.

No that is not normal behavior, although it is not an uncommon to see that as a result when there is streaming protocol that Jaksta is not able to capture.

If you would like us to investigate then could you please supply us with a clean log file.

To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:

- Open Jaksta Media Recorder

- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File

- Close JMR but keep the Finder window with the log file open

- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open

- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)

- Run one test on a standard video stream or site that you know gives an error/fails 

- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes

- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)

As for how to get different file formats, there is a drop down menu in the bottom left-hand corner where you can set the conversion output. 

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
Created At: 2019-01-04T07:55:53+08:00
Updated At: 2019-01-04T07:55:53+08:00
Views: 45
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment