Welcome
Login  Sign up

Jaksta Not working properly

Hello Liam, you requested that responders to your email about Jaksta 3.0.2 "make a new forum post specific to your issue if needed", so here it is. 

I downloaded from the link you sent. I'm using Mac OS 11.6. When I opened the new Jaksta for the first time, an App called "Install Command Line Developer Tools" automatically opened, with the message "The "python3" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now? Choose Install to download and install the command line developer tools now." I clicked "install" & it said that the installation would take 26 hours to complete, so I stopped the process. 

I then went  back to the Jaksta window to "start using" Jaksta & it asked for my Password to give permission. I entered it. After that, Jaksta worked perfectly, downloading a  gasoline commercial as well as a music video. My only issue is that it downloaded an mp4 video, but all I want is an mp3 music only file. I can't figure out how to configure Jaksta to do this. But very happy to have Jaksta working again. Thanks, Don

--- Import ---
Author: Don Wiur
Created At: 2022-03-17T22:55:10+08:00
Updated At: 2022-03-17T22:55:10+08:00
Views: 14
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Hi Don,

Never heard of any Line Developer Tools or "python3" related notifications. So that's a new one...

In any case, it sounds like you've got it sorted.

To get an mp3 file all you need to do is set the conversion output to 'MP3 Audio' in the dropdown list of conversions, down the bottom-left of the Jaksta main window. The way this works is that Jaksta will still download the original full video in its original format, but it will then run it through the built in conversion and produce the desired MP3. It will keep both the original and the converted files, but when you ask Jaksta to show you it in Finder it will bring up the converted file.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---

Hi Don,

Can you please try doing the installation again using the same instruction I provided previously, except use this link to download the installer for a new beta: https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/3.0.2_303/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg

We are hoping the installation issue will be resolved. Please let me know how you go.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Hello Liam, Thanks for sending the new 3.0.2 installation. Jaksta seems to work better with this than the previous 3.0.2, because now I don't have to turn off Jaksta until after I start the stream; the stream will play even with Jaksta on at the beginning. 2) download speed seems improved. 3) Jaksta still does not automatically send the music to Music App, even with "Add to TV/Music" checked. Not a big deal- I just "Reveal in Finder" & add it manually. However, I still get the "python3" message from Apple, which I have to cancel to continue. See attached file. Regards, Don

--- Import ---
Author: Don Wiur
--- Import ---

Hi Don,

Regarding the python error during the install, could I please get you to do the following:
  1. Open: Console
  2. Go to: Log Reports (in LHS-menu)
  3. Search for and find install.log from the list of logs
    • Make sure to search for and select the log that starts with a lower case 'i' and not a capital
  4. Right-click on it select "Reveal in Finder"
    • A Finder window will open with the log selected
  5. Run the RMC installer and wait for it to fail
  6. Return to the Finder window and attach the install.log file here and send it to us
Doing this should capture the failed installation attempt and hopefully we can then work out how to fix it.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment