Welcome
Login  Sign up

Not recording sound from Youtube

System records video but no sound.  I have attempted to delete and restore the log file as suggested as well as switch to 2nd channel.  Still doesn't work.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

--- Import ---
Author: ROBERT DOWD
Created At: 2022-02-01T21:50:18+08:00
Updated At: 2022-02-01T21:50:18+08:00
Views: 5
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

1 Comment

HI Robert,

Please try the following in order (stop at any point where the problem is resolved):

1. Do a couple of tests to determine if the problem is the video itself or some other factor (browser, Jaksta install etc.)
    1. Try pasting the video URL into the download bar in Jaksta
      1. The URL downloader bar is meant to be a backup but is a lot slower and you don't want to rely on it as your main download function, so son't stop here even if this works
    2. Try doing an auto-capture in another browser and see if the problem reoccurs
      1. If a+b both have the same problem then it's likely the video itself is the issue, or your install of Jaksta has problems. If it works in other browsers then the short term solution is just to use Jaksta with a suitable browser.
  2. Do a basic reinstall - uninstall (delete from Applications), reboot, reinstall - and then perform all of Step 1 again
  3. Try installing our latest beta and see if it performs any better. You can download the installer here: https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/3.0.1_298/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg
    1. When you first attempt to run the installer you will receive a Mac OS notification saying that it can't be opened because it cannot be checked for malicious software. Click 'OK' and then go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click on 'Open Anyway' down the bottom. It will either run the installer or another similar notification as the first will appear and you just need to click 'Open' and then the installer will run.
  4. If you still have problems at this point then can you please provide me with some URLs for problem videos so that I can test t hem myself?

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
Created At: 2022-02-01T21:50:18+08:00
Updated At: 2022-02-01T21:50:18+08:00
Views: 5
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment