Welcome
Login  Sign up

Certificate Instructions

I had to wipe my MacBook so I'm trying to reinstall Jaksta. Upon installation, it gave me an error about not installing a certificate from some guy. I thought this was where I had to go to Privacy and let Jaksta run but that wasn't it. Now when Jaksta is on every site I go to Chrome thinks is suspicious. It doesn't even let me get to the Jaksta site. This has happened to me several times over the years and it has always been easily fixed by updating the Certificate in my Keychain but I can't find those instructions on the Forums. I know that's where I found it in the past. Looking in my Keychain I don't see any Certificates.

Yes, I did a hard reinstall. The installer said it was successful but it said it was successful last time too. This time though it didn't pop up the error message about Jeff's or John's or James' certificate. But alas Chrome still doesn't like those proxy servers. What happened to those Certificate renewing instructions?

--- Import ---
Author: Gregory Wu
Created At: 2021-12-23T18:44:19+08:00
Updated At: 2021-12-23T18:44:19+08:00
Views: 24
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

OK I found the instructions, I installed it to my System (I hope that's correct), but it says it doesn't trust the Certificate. How do I get them to trust each other? 

--- Import ---
Author: Gregory Wu
--- Import ---

Hi Gregory,

Apologies for the very delayed response. Is this still an issue for you?

You can amend the trust properties on the certificate by doing the following:

1. Open Keychain Access and go to: System Keychains (left menu heading) > System (left menu item) > Certificates (top menu item)
  2. Double click the applian.com certificate to open the information
  3. Expand the 'Trust' section and set the "When using this certificate:" value to 'Always Trust'
    • Let me know if it is already set to 'Always Trust'

Please let me know how you go.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---