Welcome
Login  Sign up

After download of file, I get "Error failed to combine error 1"

Hi 

After I download a video, the processing fails, and the status is "Error failed to combine error 1" 

Can you suggest what might be the issue, I have downloaded other files in the past successfully.  Part of me is wondering if my disc space is to low...

thanks!

--- Import ---
Author: Gavin Conway
Created At: 2020-02-21T09:56:37+08:00
Updated At: 2020-02-21T09:56:37+08:00
Views: 19
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Hi Gavin,

That error is quite general, so we will need to start off by understanding the circumstances.

Is this something you encounter from a particular site or is this something you encounter every time you attempt a capture? 

If it is every time then you can start by doing a basic reinstall - uninstall, reboot, reinstall. If its a particular site then we would probably need to test it ourselves to get an idea of the problem. Please provide a link to a problem stream that we can view and test.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---

Hi Liam

Good Irish name. 

It's the first video on this page. I am testing download of the second one now. I have successfully downloaded from this site in the past. https://www.proctorgallagher.institute/paradigm-shift-replay-january-2020-34842923-pgc/

I just tried a video on YouTube and it worked ok.

Thanks

Gavin

--- Import ---
Author: Gavin Conway
--- Import ---

Hi Gavin,

I started a capture on the video and it looked to be going well, but I didn't realize it was going to be such a large file so I had to cancel it.

They just look to be embedded Vimeo video streams, which Jaksta should be able to capture. 

If you suspect it might be a disk space issue then look into that and any other similar system-related (ie. your Mac) potential causes. You can try doing the capture with other browsers as well and see if that makes any difference.

If it continues to fail then it might be best for you to send through a clean log file for us to look at.

To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:

• Open Jaksta Media Recorder
  • Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
    • This will open a Finder window that needs to remain open for the remainder of the process
  • Quit JMR
  • Delete the log file in the Finder window
  • Reopen JMR
    • This will automatically generate a new log file in the Finder window
  • Run one test capture on the problem site/stream
  • Quit JMR once it fails and/or the error is reproduced
  • Source the new log file in the Finder window and then attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)

If it is a disk space issue or something along those lines, and the log file should give some indication of what it might be.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment