Welcome
Login  Sign up

monitoring

Hello . When I start monitoring I get a message on my browser that says the site cannot be reached . There are no problems reaching the site when the monitor is off . .What could be the problem ? 

Thanks .William Thompson

--- Import ---
Author: william thompson
Created At: 2020-01-15T23:42:05+08:00
Updated At: 2020-01-15T23:42:05+08:00
Views: 33
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

1 Comment

Hi William,

It is likely that there is an issue with the proxy settings that Jaksta uses when monitoring is turned ON.

If you go into System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and view the Web Proxy (HTTP) and Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS) settings, then they should be both be matching and the same as seen below. You can manually adjust them if they are not correct. These two proxy settings should both be active when Jaksta monitoring is ON and deactivated when monitoring is OFF. If you toggle the ON/OFF switch in Jaksta then you should be able to see the proxy settings also go on and off at the same time.

If those settings look correct and you get the same problem then you can check your Firewall settings and make sure that Jaksta isn't being blocked. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall Options (click the padlock and enter your user credentials to unlock the ability to make changes) and check that Jaksta Media Recorder has a green dot and says 'Allow incoming connections'. If the dot is red then click on the dot and change it to 'Allow incoming connections'. If it is not on the list at all then click the '+' symbol and add Jaksta Media Recorder from the Applications folder.

Try these troubleshooting tips and let me know if the problem continues.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
Created At: 2020-01-15T23:42:05+08:00
Updated At: 2020-01-15T23:42:05+08:00
Views: 33
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment