Welcome
Login  Sign up

Still problems using URL

Hello CRS,

Attached is my latest from old thread:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

hello crs,

i didn't have a defective wireless usb adapter after all since the replacement couldn't access the net. i had blocked all internet access.

attached is another log and screen captures of two pbs url downloads. the first is the one provided by me which succeeded.  the second attempted screen capture is my pbs failure.  it bombs almost immediately with the error message suggesting that i try the auto.  i tried the auto method and nothing happened.  previously,  i was able to download the failed pbs episode and many others using the url method.  i can not duplicate using the url method which know worked previously.  can't you provide some advice?

henry

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++  END OLD THREAD

I just tested again with a hard wire connection from my desktop to the router/modem.  Again, program suggests to use Auto or DVD method.  The tutorial doesn't show how to use the Auto.  I have shown my connection(s) are good downloading your suggestion, but I can't duplicate downloading using the URL method from one day to the next.  I assume you are assuming it's my problem which it may be, but I don't know what else to do.  I own multi copies of the support and I don't see buying any updates.

--- Import ---
Author: Henry Wong
Created At: 2019-02-27T07:52:23+08:00
Updated At: 2019-02-27T07:52:23+08:00
Views: 44
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Hello,

I am using Dragon browser (Chromium based ?) and the AUTO mode works most of the time. I haven't spend any time trying to get Firefox to use the AUTO mode.  Today, my specified download resolution (maximum) for videos is saved at a much lower resolution.  The attached log is an example.  Sometimes, after closing JMR and Dragon I am able to save videos at the designated resolution (specified on the PBS video). I was able to save all videos at the desired resolution, but not it's uncertain what resolution the video is saved at.

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Hello Again,

When I go to the PBS page without specifying a resolution I don't get the varies resolution options as you do as shown above.  Can you tell me what to do to specify and save my downloads at my specified resolution.  PBS seems to save my downloads disregarding my designation at the lowest resolution.  Am I being throated by PBS? If so, anything I can do? It's not AT&T as the monitored download is the maximum I am paying for.  Attached log.

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

You have Settings > Internet Downloads > Preferred Download Quality set to High.  

Change it to Prompt to be prompted to select from the various qualities (if any) on offer. 

--- Import ---
Author: CRS
--- Import ---

I think I figured it out!  Thanks for ALL your help.

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

Hello

As you stated in your reply is what I figured out (as I said above).  I would prefer to set the resolution on PBS for each video and then it waits in the queue.  The prompt method requires me to set here or/and set the max number of downloads HIGHer.  Any thoughts as to why the former method doesn't always work?

Again, thank you for you patience and help.

Henry

--- Import ---
--- Import ---

If you have the Preferred Quality set to High, then for video, the highest of all resolutions available is selected.

If you have the Preferred Quality set to Low, then for video, the lowest of all resolutions available is selected. 

If you have the Preferred Quality set to Medium, then for video, the median of the highest to lowest is selected.

Yes if you use the prompt method you would need to be there to select the resolution you want when the download begins. 

Queued detection's do not begin begin analysised and captured until there is a slot for them in the downloader (based on the max number of downloads).    To analysis earlier would mean the streams detected would not be valid by the time they enter the downloader.

--- Import ---
Author: CRS
--- Import ---

Login or Signup to post a comment