Welcome
Login  Sign up

Downloaded video file unable to be opened and played

Trying to rip a video stream, it looks like it downloads but VLC and Quicktime are not able to play it please advise - see screenshot and log files attached - attempted at 1pm on 5/8/16

Thanks!

--- Import ---
Author: Jon Brandi
Created At: 2019-05-09T04:15:03+08:00
Updated At: 2019-05-09T04:15:03+08:00
Views: 26
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

1 person has this problem

Hi Jon,

Can you go to /Users/jon/Movies/Jaksta Media Recorder and try playing the originally downloaded file? I am interested to know if the download/capture worked and it is the conversion that has corrupted the video.

If the downloaded file is also unplayable can you send through another log, but a clean one this time?

To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:

- Open Jaksta Media Recorder

- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File

- Close JMR but keep the Finder window with the log file open

- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open

- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)

- Run one test on a standard video stream or site that you know gives an error/fails 

- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes

- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)

If the file does play, then that suggests it is a failed conversion. Try doing a basic reinstall of Jaksta: uninstall (delete from Applications), reboot, reinstall. That should restore any broken process.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

--- Import ---
Author: Liam
Created At: 2019-05-09T04:15:03+08:00
Updated At: 2019-05-09T04:15:03+08:00
Views: 26
Votes: 0
--- Import ---

Good afternoon.

I have the same problem.

The file seems to be downloaded but after the completion, the player don`t open the file.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment